Going to the beach is a great way to beat the heat this summer. Whether you’re looking to relax, catch some waves, or play on the beach, there are plenty of activities for everyone. If you’re a volleyball player, check out the upcoming Inlet Splash Volleyball Tournament at Point Pleasant Beach in New Jersey!
The tournament features men’s, women’s, and coed competitions for teams at all levels of play. So if you’re in the mood for some fun in the sun, get a team together and go enjoy some beach volleyball. And remember the sunscreen and your best pair of sunglasses to keep you safe from the sun while you’re out there. If you need Oakley sunglasses lenses replacements, check out the variety of tints and styles available on LenzFlip.com for Fast Jackets and other styles.
You’ll Want A New Pair Of Oakley Sunglasses Lenses Replacements For Volley America’s Upcoming Events
The Inlet Splash Volleyball Tournament is hosted by Volley America on July 9th and 10th. Founded in 2011 by East End Volleyball and Great American Volleyball, Volley America is now one of the largest grassroots, outdoor, volleyball organizations in the country.
In addition to the Inlet Splash Tournament, Volley America also hosts the following events and tournaments:
- Beach Grand Prix – Awards $30,000 in cash prizes based on results from the year’s tournaments, professional to novice for male, female and coed tournament players.
- Grass Grand Prix – Awards $10,000 based on a player’s results in grass tournaments.
- Doubles National Championship Tournament – In this Beach Volleyball Tournament, players can win trips to the nationals by winning regional championship tournaments.
- Regional Championships – Winners of this tournament move on to the Nationals.
- League National Championships – Winners from the Regional Championships come to compete against each other.
Volley America also provides a Junior Program with features tournaments, clinics, camps, and a Junior Nationals tournament for younger players. Their goal is to offer benefits and programs for players and teams at all levels. The majority of their members are novice to intermediate level players with a focus on recreational tournaments, but there are many serious players among their ranks as well. Their program is designed to allow those who want to compete to advance up the competitive ladder and reach their full potential, while still providing recreational games for those who are just there to have some fun.
The Inlet Splash Tournament offers matches at all skill levels, so whether you’re a beginning player, or a seasoned veteran, you can get out there and enjoy the game.
No matter what skill level you are, a good pair of quality sunglasses with the right tint can help improve your game. There are a variety of tint options available for polycarbonate Oakley sunglasses lenses replacements for Fast Jacket and other styles. For a day out on the beach a nice pair of rose tinted lenses can make all the difference. In addition to being a great option whether it’s sunny or cloudy out, these lenses will increase your depth perception so you can better judge the volleyball as it’s flying through the air. The rose tint also helps improve visual acuity and contrast.
What Skill Level Categories Are Available For The Inlet Splash Tournament Games?
The Inlet Splash Tournament is broken up into two days. Men’s and Women’s teams will play on Saturday, July 9th, and coed competitions will happen on Sunday, July 10th.
Teams of all levels are encouraged to participate, and games are available in all of the following skill level categories:
- Open – You can compete in an open game no matter your skill level, and you will face teams at all different levels as well. This is a great option if you’re looking for a fun challenge.
- Level AA – Teams competing at this level will consist of players with a superior knowledge of the game and rules. These teams are usually made up of experienced and professionally trained athletes with a solid understanding of rotational sequence and offensive and defensive positions, and can apply them in competition. Game and player strategies are well understood, and the game is run at a fast tempo.
- Level A – Teams competing at this level will consist of players with a solid knowledge of the game and rules. These teams are made up of advanced intermediate and experienced players with an understanding of rotational sequence and offensive and defensive positions, and can apply them in competition. Game and player strategies are well understood but may still have room for improvement.
- Level B – Teams competing at this level consist of players with a basic understanding of the game and rules, but few developed skills.
If you have a team and want to sign up for the Inlet Splash Tournament (or other upcoming competitions), you can do so at www.volleyamerica.com. Registration fees are as follows:
- Men’s and Women’s Open:
- Men’s and Women’s AA, A, B:
- Coed AA, A, B:
All fees are per team and only include registration for the competition. Beach and parking fees are paid separately. There is a $5 discount if your team participates in both a Men/Women’s Event on Saturday, and a Co-ed Event on Sunday.
Don't Miss The Point Pleasant Beach Boardwalk When You’re There!
If you’re attending the Inlet Splash event, you will want to pay a visit to the Point Pleasant Beach boardwalk while you’re there. This family-friendly amusement park features rides, arcades, restaurants and more that you and your kids can enjoy.
One of the most popular attractions on the boardwalk is Jenkinson’s Aquarium. Since the door first opened in 1991, the staff at the aquarium have worked hard to educate guests on the diverse aquatic life in the area and provide them with a unique and unforgettable experience. Some of the aquarium’s exhibits include Atlantic sharks, Pacific sharks, coral reefs, penguins, and seals, so visitors have the opportunity to see animals from around the globe close up. There is also a touch tank where guests can touch live animals, ranging from sea stars to stingrays.
In addition to the exhibits, the aquarium also offers workshops for children of all ages, encouraging them to learn more about aquatic life and the world around them.
Although the aquarium is one of the most popular attractions on the boardwalk, there are plenty of other must see sites as well. The classic fun house is another favorite, and then there’s the hot nightlife scene that caters to the 21+ crowd.
Although you won’t need your sunglasses if you’re hitting the clubs, you will definitely need them during the day, both on the boardwalk, and out on the volleyball courts. Make sure you have high-quality, polycarbonate lenses so that you have the best protection from the sun’s rays. And if you need to update the lenses in your favorite Fast Jackets or other Oakley frames, check out LenzFlip.com’s awesome selection of Oakley sunglasses lenses replacements.